Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Monday, June 8, 2009

I receive the Proverbs 31 daily devotional in my mail each day and love it. I really enjoy the perspective shared with each submission and the time and prayer each person has put into the nuggets they have learned in their walk with God.

I was blessed reading today's devotion about the roles of a woman's life. One as a mother and the other as a wife. I can add, too, those of daughter and sister~ but in relation to today's devotion she is speaking to the role of mother releasing her son.

I was so excited when I had a son! I am blessed to have 2 daughters and 1 son, but I knew and asked God to give me atleast 1 boy. I watched with admiration the relationship my brother has with my own mother and then as a young wife the respect my husband has for his mother. I loved how easy it was for them to get along and enjoy each other, compared to the often emotional relationship girls sometimes have with their mothers. The whole hormone thing... you know. :)

Then as I rejoiced in my sweet son and he began having his personality the responsibility of training him hit me. I am raising someone's future husband and father. I want for him to be a man of honor and grace, love and strength. A man who will honor God first, protect and lead his family and be strong. I realized that he is going to leave me and while I will inherit a gift of a daughter-in-law some day and grandchildren ( yes I look forward to that) in my own selfishness I didn't want to lose my amazing little guy.

He still looks to me with eagerness and excitement with what he has learned. He tells me often how much he loves what I make for him. It gives him true joy when I cook for him, which is a huge reward for me. And in those times while I am so blessed to be his mom, I remember I am raising a leader for the next generation. I am raising someone's husband and daddy and more than pulling him near to my heart and not letting go I want to place into his heart a love for the Lord, for His Word and a desire to seek God first in all things.

Todays devotinal was a good reminder to set my heart on God and all He has for me to accomplish in this season of my life. It was a reminder that as a mom I am a prayer warrior in partnership with the Lord for my children. Jeremiah 29:11 reminds us that His plans for our kids ( and ourselves) are to prosper them and give them hope and a future.! Praise God!

Here is the link to the devotional: http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/

Many Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment