Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Christmas in July!

It was so fun to come home today to a box of books awaiting my inspection!



New Curriculum!!!



Then, unbeknownst to me... as I was working in my bee-yard the UPS man came to deliver another box of curriculum. It was so cool. Just like Christmas in July.



I get so excited when the books I have ordered for the year arrive and we can leaf through them. I get a fresh vision, a new perspective, or some much needed encouragement of something to look forward to. Even in July. :)



Homeschooling has so many benefits and advantages. I love having the kids home and watching them explore, learn and create. I enjoy learning alongside of them and truly I have had a much better education while teaching my children than I did while in school. Yes, it means more to me now than it did then but the gift of teaching a child to read is priceless. The fun of seeing them learn something new for the first time or being able to witness the "aha" moment after working hard to sift through a problem is a great reward that I wouldn't trade.



Homeschooling is hard work. Some days we just don't get it done the way I'd planned, or perhaps, we just have to put the books away and remember that we are building up our children not putting them into boxes and labels that will ultimately hinder their God-given callings in life.



We are coming into our 9th year of homeschooling and I find I am filled with excitement and apprehension. Perhaps, that is a good combination though. In and of myself I can accomplish nothing but with Christ... in His power and His ability, we can accomplish what is often impossible. So I go into this year with many hopes and goals, but the most important is that the heart of my children would be continually turned to the One who gave His life for them. Our ultimate goal is to give them the firm foundation which rests securely on the immovable Word of God. All other things are shifting sand in comparison.



The plans I prepare must be covered in prayer so that none of me but all of Him come through in our days and weeks of learning. In that I know we will find success. In that we can glorify God and declare that it is all for His glory. One of the most important goals for myself is to keep my eyes on Jesus. To keep my heart lifted up and encouraged by daily exposure to His Word and precious time on my knees. It is my job to plant the seeds, God's to water and bring for the fruit. Fruit that will not fade or wither away, everlasting fruit that will be sown into future generations.





That is what I see in homeschooling, for our family. The chance to bridge a gap and prepare the future with the much needed arsenal of God's truths, along with the gift of a good and noble education. While I can't meet their every need, we serve a mighty God who is all sufficient and gives exceedingly above and beyond all our expectations. (Ephesians 3:20)



So I opened my boxes today eager for the new books full of amazing new things to explore and learn with my children. I pray I never lose this excitement and that they will catch the fire and live as life-long learners, eagerly seeking to know more of the wonderful world He created.





A few of my favorite Homeschooling Websites:

Heart of Wisdom Blog

Harmony Art Mom

Donna Young's Homeschool Printables and Resources

Homeschool Helper

http:// www.knowledgequestmaps.com

How To Teach Science

Charlotte Mason Method Homeschooling - Simply Charlotte Mason

Ofcourse can't forget my favorite resource for my books!
www.rainbowresource.com



Many Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment