Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-14






I think of this passage when I am in the process of planting my garden each year. Actually, when I am in the garden I can't help but praise the Lord and give thanks for the beauty which He alone created.




I wonder at the majesty that is before our eyes; marveling at the masterpiece we are allowed to be a part of. His glory is manifested each time we step into our day; His creation testifies of The Creator; and I am speechless as I wonder.




There is a song called " Revelation" that comes to mind. The following verses from that song are resounding with in my heart and mind and it so beautifully implies what I think of when I am enjoying the beauty of this time of year.




" Filled with wonder, Awestruck wonder, at the mention of your name!


Jesus your name brings power,


breath and living water, such a marvelous mystery.


Holy! Holy! Holy!


Is the Lord God Almighty,


Who was, and is and is to come.


With all creation I sing,


praise to the King of Kings!


You are my everything


and I will adore you!"




It is so amazing to be alive during this season of new life and hope! God's sweet grace is always for us and His mercy is continually renewed each day.




We planted our garden this weekend. I love my garden.. it brings such joy and peace in my heart as I reflect and work in the light of His love. I often spend my time praying for the people the Lord has laid on my heart and of the things that have been a burden which I need to release to God. That is why gardening is often such a time of therapy. It is a time of reflecting, of solitude and embracing the beauty of God's fellowship as we commune together in all He has made.






I think of the first Garden and how He has given us every tool, every useful thing to be productive and successful, even with the thorns and weeds that poke through. I think of the way that God's Word is true and the effectiveness of seedtime and harvest. When you plant a seed, in the natural, you expect a harvest. If I plant a radish seed, I expect a radish.




Do we see our time of prayer as seeds of eternal weight being planted in fertile soil which has been prepared for the seed?




I think of how the multiplicity of God's annointing and blessing come in our lives when we sow in faith. Always more than we sow is returned to us. Sometimes 30, 60 or even 100 times that which was sown.( Mark 4:20) We can see this magnified in our prayers when we are praying in the fullness of His glory into our lives and His body; there is a revelation of that power when we see prayer as the tool the Lord has given us to pull heaven down to earth.


I started my Lavender Garden today. My hope is to one day have my own lavender farm, but that is a future goal. Right now we just got a good start. I am so excited!



The spring brings rain and flooding here. It is always so amazing to me as I watch the force of nature and the strength water has to overtake the landscape. We have to remind our children of the dangers of the water even though it looks harmless and I see the resemblance in our own life choices. There are some things that as believers we need to realize are dangerous for us, too dangerous for the purpose God has for each of our lives. Things that take away from the destiny we are called to. Things that while they may not be sin, become a focus which pulls us away from time alone with God.



My bees are working hard. I love to watch them. They have a goal and they are not stopped in their pursuit of it. They even die for it, if necessary. Can I say that I'd do that for Christ? Forsake all for him, even my family and friends? My comfort? Everything? He asked us to give up all and follow him. Like the rich young ruler are there things in my life that I value more? Hmm.. humbling thoughts I know I need to take to prayer.

My pastor spoke of a life of unreserved faithfulness, a life which commands change, a life of choice to serve and not be left behind and he mentioned something that my spirit caught a hold of.. bruised knees. Will I be found with bruised knees? Oh, I hope so! I hope I can come to that place where prayer is more important than sleep. A place where pushing through to see Kingdom life planted within the boundaries of earth's atmosphere is an every day occurrence. I see how the bees parallel a faith-filled servant's life. They do not deter from their destiny.



So just a few thoughts from me to you as I ponder the gifts God has blessed me with here. Loving my garden, praising God for the beauty around in many ways and thankful for the chance to share my heart!



Blessings to you!












No comments:

Post a Comment