Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Frappe! My favorite new treat.

Well, I took the plunge and tried a frozen coffee. I know... seriously, I was dragging my feet on that one, but oh my goodness. What an awesome treat. So I have become a huge fan of Frappes!

I love coffee.. mmmm.. it is one of those blessings I enjoy and really shouldn't have. I did find a brand from Folgers called "Simply Smooth" that is supposed to be easier on the stomach. My hubby is not too fascinated with the flavor so I make it when he is not home. Then I can get my second ( or third) cup in. :)

And they are not a cheap little treat so today I decided to make one for myself. Here is my recipe for those of you who appreciate a good cup of coffee. And may I suggest those of you dragging your feet, it is worth it. Jump in and enjoy a Cold Coffee treat! :)


Frappe ala Dawn
2 c. of ice cubes
2 scoops of ice cream
1 c. milk
1-2 c. coffee( if you like it strong add more)
Any flavor you may want to add. ( today I put in some caramel; You could add chocolate for a mocha or instead of all the milk, split it up with a flavored coffee creamer)
up to 1/2 c. sugar (if you like it sweet you may want this much, if not then to taste.)
Pour it all in the blender. Blend on high a few minutes. Pour over ice. You can top it with whipped cream and caramel or chocolate just like they do in the coffee houses. Or just drink it.

My 14 year old even enjoyed a glass with me today. It was yummy!

Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment