Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Perspective, on my knees!

Blessings to you today. I have been pondering the depth of perception we have in relation to our place in prayer.

Do you find your perspective changes when you are on your knees?
Do you see things differently at a new angle?
Do you like what you see?

I was reading this post that I saved from the Proverbs 31 Blog. http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/2010/07/when-im-on-my-knees It goes along well with some of the thoughts I have had on the position we find ourselves in while praying.

When I am on my knees my head is often bowed before my King. My heart is humbled and my hands are open.
When I am on my knees I am seeking His heart, His plan and His purpose.
When I am on my knees I am looking to the fullness of His grace and sufficiency, not my own.


Where are my thoughts when I have my sights lifted elsewhere?


The problems of every day life threaten to close me in, but on my knees I cast every care away. ( 2 Peter 5:7)

The burdens of hurts are a weight my own shoulders can not bear, but on my knees my Lord reminds me to exchange my burdens for his. (Matthew 11:30)

The stain of my sin is a shame that colors my view of grace, but on my knees I am reminded that nothing separates me from His love.( Romans 8:38-39)


When I am on my knees, I am stationary no longer working to secure the answer.
When I am on my knees, I am quiet to the world and eager to hear His sweet voice.
When I am on my knees, I am abandoned to reality of facts and embrace the fullness of His truth.
When I am on my knees, I see my King raised up upon His throne, in complete and utter control, smiling down at me.


My blessed friends, our vision changes on our knees. Practically we get a glimpse of things we can NOT see while upright and busy. Are bruised knees as sign of submission or strength? Or both? :)

Don't limit your ability in prayer, just because of your elevation~

Elevate the only one whose power and ability is limitless, He is made perfect in our weakness, and remember all knees will one day bow before him.

No comments:

Post a Comment