Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Chocolate Trifles!

Yesterday I made a yummy new trifle to share with my dear friend. It started out as a volcano cake but then became Chocolate Cherry Trifle. Yum.... I am glad I went with the trifle. As per a request from my girlfriend I am sharing this recipe.


Chocolate Cherry Trifle


1 box chocolate cake

1 can cherry pie filling

1 container of Cool Whip

Chocolate Chips


Chocolate Sauce.


Make the cake according to the directions on the box. Let cook and cut.

When the cake has cooled enough to touch it crumble a layer of cake in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Add a layer of cherries, then follow with a layer of cool whip, sprinkle with chocolate chips. Continue until the cherry filling and cool whip are used up.
* I did not use the whole cake, infact.. I used the outside edges for the trifle.. since I have so many fans of the "middle" pieces. :)

Drizzle Chocolate Sauce over the top.


Chocolate Sauce

3 squares of semi-sweet chocolate

1/4 c. milk

3-4 Tbsp. butter.


Melt the chocolate and milk together. Then add the butter.. mixing well. If you do this and let it sit it will thicken. I didn't have the patience to do that so I added some powdered sugar to thicken it. :)

I served it w/o the chocolate drizzled on top but as an add on when served. It was really yummy.



Another awesome trifle I make once in a while I found on All Recipes.com. called Brownie Trifle. ( or they list it as Chocolate Trifle)

I made this last week and had a few fresh strawberries on hand, so I tried to be creative and make a "flower" on top with strawberries and chocolate chips. Next time I may just add the strawberries into the desert.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment