Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Great Muffin Recipe

Here is a wonderful muffin recipe I make for my family often. It makes for a quick and easy breakfast and snack throughout the day. When I make them I find that they last only 1 day, 2 at the most.

Muffins
From the Joy of Cooking cookbook.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners or grease muffin cups

Whisk together thoroughly in a large bowl:

2 c. flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
(1/4 tsp. nutmeg)
Whisk together in another bowl

2 large eggs
1 c. milk or cream
2/3 c. sugar or brown sugar
¼ to ½ c. ( ½ to 1 stick of butter) melted, OR
¼ to ½ c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla


Add to the flour mixture and mix together with a few light strokes just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over-mix; the batter should not be smooth. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in 1 or 2 of the muffins comes out clean, about 17 minutes ( or longer with variations of fruit). Let cool for 2-3 min. before removing from the pan. If not serving hot, let cool on a rack. Serve as soon as possible, preferably within a few hours.

** I use this recipe to make my Chocolate Chip Muffins. Sometimes I use cinnamon instead of the nutmeg. I usually use the brown sugar or honey as my sweetener and I tend to favor the butter vs. oil but they both work well. I add 1 cup of chocolate chips and then bake. I made them the other day and instead of putting them into individual muffin cups I poured it into a 9x13 pan and cut into squares.

Note: I was being lazy and I didn’t have any liners. This worked really well and was much easier to clean than my muffin pan. J

I have also added blueberries to this recipe and it was wonderful~

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment