Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blueberry Granola

When I find good breakfast recipes I use them often. I have found a good way to have oatmeal w/o the typical groans that accompany this filling breakfast meal.

I have played with this recipe using peaches and apples in place of the blueberries but the blueberries are by far my favorite.

Blueberry Granola

Mix together:
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. corn starch
1-2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries. ( mine are often frozen)

Let this sit a few minutes to let the juice mix with the sugar and thicken. Then pour into an 8x8 baking dish. ( note if you want to use a 9x13 pan double the ingredients)

Mix in a separate bowl:

2 c. oats
1/2 c. brown sugar ( can increase if you want it sweeter)
4 Tbsp. softened.. ( not melted) butter.

Mix together well until the mixture is saturated. Pour on top of the blueberries.

Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. (* till the berries are bubbling and the oatmeal is crisp)

Let cool for a few minutes. Serve with cream or milk.

I put any leftovers in a tupperware container and store in the fridge. It is wonderful cold or warm. I often make this to replace the cold cereal for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment