Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

I have to share a funny thing.. Though at first it was not so funny. :)

I made a wonderful loaf of bread last night for our supper. I was so pleased at how it turned out and my husband commented on how nice it would be for sandwhiches. I had enough to make one large loaf for supper and two loves of cinnamon bread for breakfast. I carefully covered my cinnamon bread last night before going to bed but completely forgot to wrap the loaf from supper.

This morning: I usually make my husband's lunch in the morning before he leaves and as I was looking around he reminded me I didn't need to make one today. However, through my looking... I realized I couldn't find the bread.

My son quickly deducted that the bread was stolen and the single most probable subspect would be our golden retriever Rachel. After deciding it was now his mission to search and rescue he came to me with minscule particles of my once beautiful loaf of bread which he found in her "hiding spot". So.. the lost is now found.. or should I say the evidence of what was lost has been found. :)


Here is the recipe for my bread:

2 cups warm water
5 tsp. yeast
4-6 TB brown sugar
2 TB Dough enhancer ( optional but it really helps make the consistency)
Mix this together and let it bubble ( proofing stage)

When the mixture has proofed ( approximately 5 min.) then add:

6 cups of flour
2 tsp salt
1/2 c. oil

Mix and knead for 10 min. ( rely on my wonderful Kitchen Aid Mixer for this)

Let rise till doubled. Punch down and form in to loaves.
For my loaves I split the batch in half. I rolled both loaves out into a rectangle then rolled them up tightly tucking the ends under. With the cinnamon loaf I coated the dough in butter first and then sprinkled brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
Once the loaves were formed, I let them rise again till double in size. Bake at 350 about 35 min. or till done.

No comments:

Post a Comment