Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Holiday Recipes

Here are my recipes from this year's celebrations.

Candy Cane Pie

1 c. cream
1/2 c. crushed candy canes
1 container of marshmallow creme
1 box of chocolate pudding
chocolate cookie wafers
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
Mint chips ( I have used the mint meltaways that look like pastel kisses, or you can use the crumbled Andes Mints)
cool whip OR whipped cream sweetened with sugar.
First I made the crust. (You can also buy a premade chocolate graham crust if you want. ) Crush the wafers, mix in the sugar and pour melted butter over top. Press into the pie plate and bake for 8-10 min at 350 degrees. Cool Completely
Make the pudding according to the package directions. ( You could also make a layer of ganache if you want it really rich and chocolate-y.) Pour onto the pie crust and chill while you make the candy cane filling
Whip your cream till stiff. Add the finely crushed candy canes and stir till dissolved. Fold in the Marshmallow cream. Layer onto the chocolate layer.
Top with Cool Whip or Whipped Cream. Then add the mint chips on top. YUMMM !
I tried to find a recipe close to Baker's Square Candy Cane Pie.I am not sure I accomplished that but it was a wonderful desert. I got rave reviews from all who tried the new concoction.

Christmas Ribbon
1 lg. box red jello, your choice of flavor
1 lg. box green jello, ( most likely lime) :)
2/3 c. sour cream
5 c. boiling water

Place the jello ( whichever color you want to start with) in a bowl and pour 2 1/2 c. boiling water, stir till the jello is dissolved. Place 1 c. of the jello in a bowl and the rest of the jello in the dish you plan on serving the Christmas Ribbon in. * either a mold or a nice bowl or perhaps a 9x13 glass pan. You want to SEE the jello. :)
Place both containers in the refrigerator to chill. After about 30 min. take out the bowl with the 1 c. of jello, whisk 1/3 c. sour cream into the jello. Place back in refrigerator till slightly firm. By now your first layer should be ready to receive the next layer. Pour the sour cream jello on top of your first layer and put back in the refrigerator.
Now, dissolve the next flavor of jello. Pour into 2 separate bowls as in the first step. After 30 min, pour the larger portion of jello into the mold or serving dish. Whisk the remaining 1/3 c. of sour cream into the 1 cup of jello. Let set for 30 min. or till slightly firm. Pour on top of your other layers and chill till set through.
This takes ALL day to do but it is so yummy. I only make this at Christmas and everyone LOVES it.
Pizza Dip
1 brick of Cream Cheese
1/4 c. sour cream
1 jar of pizza sauce
pizza toppings: pepperoni, green peppers, onions, olives, etc.
Mozzarella cheese
Italian Spices
Mix the cream cheese and sour cream together with Italian spices. Spread in the bottom of a oven save dish. Spread the pizza sauce on top, then layer with toppings of your choice. Layer with the cheese. Place in your oven at 350 till cheese is melted and bubbling.
Those are 3 of my favorites this year.

We also had Cheesy Potatoes ( you can find these on my website in my recipes), Baked Corn,Fudge, and lots of pies. I was so pleased with the variation.

My husband's favorite is Pecan. It turned out the best.Then I made a pumpkin pie from pumpkin I cooked and froze this fall. ( so fun and easy!) I will share that recipe soon. Along with a Custard, my favorite. Lots of yummy appetizers like Dill Cucumber Sandwiches and my daughter insisted on the dried beef and dill pickle combo. She was too funny, but it was her addition to the day, along with Orange Jello...which turned out to be the favorite.

That and my bread ( also in my recipes)along side a beautiful Ham and Smoked Turkey. My brother brought his smoker down and we smoked a turkey on Christmas Even. It was delicious.

Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment