Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mercy pieces.... falling graces... Rain

I have been singing the song by Amy Grant, Better than a Hallelujah recently. It keeps replaying in my heart, my mind, my soul. Reverberating the message of what our lives speak in all circumstances. The chorus continues to play in my memory:

"As we pour out our miseries, He just hears a melody. Beautiful the mess we are, Honest cries of breaking hearts.... Better than a hallelujah."


What do your circumstances sing to God?


If our lives are a melody to Him, what chorus does He hear?


The more time I spend on this celestial orb, the more I find that I crave more of His Presence and less of this worldly reality. The longer I spend in revelation of His goodness, the more I realize how much I need His grace and mercy to continue in this life.

The more I pour of myself out into the cistern of experience, the bigger and wider the space becomes that shows my need for His love to fill me.

He doesn't need my Hallelujahs to validate him. He is validated because of who He is. He doesn't need my perfect life to show as a trophy for the power in His blood. His blood speaks alone and far above any testimony my life can show. He doesn't need a successful woman to be witness to a life lived for God. He already won the fight and stands strong, confident and true at the finish line already.... waiting for me.

It is my need that is apparent. My need for his grace in my imperfections. My need for his mercy in my lack of love. My need for his healing in my brokenness.

His mercy is in his revelation which He gives us. Pieces of truth which are for us to pass on.


Deuteronomy 29:29 - The secret things belong unto the Lord our God; but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

The act of sitting in the midst of revealing grace deposits within the soul of the Child of God a seed, a life-seed, which has the potential for resurrection life.

When we are empty before him, hands full of broken shards of a life that is real, He receives our melodies in exchange for the mercy pieces and falling grace that restore and heal, that redeem the years of the locusts in our lives.

I am drawn to Joel chapter 2:23-25,28.
Be glad then... and rejoice in the Lord, your God. For he gives you the former or the early rain in just measure and in righteousness, and he causes to come down for you the rain, the former rain and the latter rain as before. And the threshing floors shall be full of grain and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil. And I will restore to you the years the locust has eaten. And I will pour out my Spirit.


That is what I am awaiting... the Rain. The cleansing, purifying, healing and revealing rain. The Rain which brings forth new life, new awareness, new hope, new faith. Waiting for the substance which hope is made from, the evidence of those unseen things which were already planned before our days were known to us.

Mercy pieces and falling graces followed by the soul drenching rain which brings forth the pouring of his Spirit upon our lives.


Glory be to the King, reigning in all our melodic hallelujahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment