Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Walking in His steps

What are the steps He directs me to take.....


I am sitting here looking at a beautiful purple and white flower; a gift from a sweet young woman who has blessed me. I think to the moment she presented me with this gift and realize how nice it is to be remembered. Selfishly indulging in the praise she encourages me with, and thanking God for the chance to touch her life....

The gift, a thank you for time spent with her. Time of preparation, time of teaching and encouragement.

And then she presents me with a book. A book, I smile, she took the time to think about what blessed me. I tell her thank you, give her a hug and rejoice that God has crossed my path so specifically in a unique and wonderful way that only He can.




Where are my steps taking me?


I look at the depth of the green now being revealed in the grass outside my window, spattered here and there with tiny bits of ice from the spring storms which are emblazoning a path upon the terrain of the Midwest. I remember to only days ago, driving through a storm and watching with amazement the awesome display of His wonder.


The divine appointment of a meeting of hearts. The journey only He could see before I even began to ponder the effect of its importance in my life. A glimpse of grace. A rare gift of knowing you are a part of His plan to leave a fingerprint on a life.


Where did my steps take me from?





I think of those so dear to me, walking a road only they can walk and bow my head in humility. Nothing can prepare us for the complexity of life, but oh how much joy we have in knowing nothing can separate us from His love. I ponder, I think, I pray...

Where will my steps take me to?

To my knees before the King in honor for WHO He alone is. To a place of humble surrender that in all my life, and in all my ways, He alone is to be honored. He is to be revered. He is to be viewed in awe.

Our steps lead us to our future, away from the past, through our present. His steps, however, show us the way. It is in His steps that we fulfill our destiny, our full calling to live and breathe and have our being completely altered by the presence of the Holy One.

Where have His steps lead me?

To hearts awakened by the whisper of his wind blowing through their lives. To the joy of seeing His magnificence displayed in the smile of a rare and beautiful gift. The eyes of a people who have seen a lifetime, walked through valleys and danced upon mountains. To hear the joy of His praise as others lift Him in joyful exultation. To know the connection of a soul on the same journey and feel His virtue splashing upon my life.





Isaiah 40:3 says " The voice of him that cries in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God."

In the wilderness of my life, as I cry unto my King, His steps prepare the path for me to walk. Looking neither to the right nor to the left but straight and sure. As I walk, I create a new path, a path that is touched by grace... one that is forged by faith... steps that are following yet solidly and persistently moving forward on this pilgrimage.



Steps of faith, bowing to mercy, shielded by grace and covered in the blood.

My steps are no longer my own but have become a path altered and tended by the true gardener. His light shining into the depths, pulling out the weeds which choke, pruning the wooden shoots that have aimlessly wandered, coaxing forth the bud hidden inside to reveal the bloom which magnifies His work.

The steps are a journey..... a grace-filled traveling sojourn directed by the King.

When I yield to His wisdom I see the beauty only the master can weave.




Isaiah 40:31


But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.


We can walk securely, surely, boldly, with strength for the journey.... solidly in His steps.



This recipe was made for a sweet young woman who inspired me to create. I have named it Blessing Bars because of the blessings she has brought to others by her gentle spirit. However, it was suggested we name it after her so I am including in parentheses.



Blessing Bars( aka Braydyn's Bodacious Bars)


1 c. butter, softened


2 c. brown sugar


2 eggs


2 t. vanilla


2 c. flour


1 t. baking powder


1/2 t. salt


1 c. chocolate chips


Topping:


Chocolate chips


Caramel



Extra:


Whipped Cream and Caramel



Cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chips. Spread in a 9 x 13 pan.


Bake at 350 for 20-30 min.


When you take the bars out, poke the top of the bars with a knife or fork to create holes. Sprinkle chocolate chips on the hot bars and then drizzle the caramel over the top of the chips. With a spatula, spread the caramel and chocolate together.


Drizzle more caramel over this and let sit.



When you are ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream and caramel topping.



YUMMY! This was so good and everyone really enjoyed the bars. I hope you'll find them just as enjoyable.




Blessings in Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment