Hebrews 4:16

Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Busy Times!

Whew! I just realized how long it has been since I have posted. So much has gone on since then. I have traveled to and from Michigan with over 3,000 lbs of peaches and blueberries ( not all mine), canned and put up the harvest from my garden, began school AND began tutoring, and in between all that teaching some amazing women about prayer. I feel like we are often just traipsing through the day w/o even thinking and I find myself exhausted from the bulk of it all. Yet through it all God is always faithful, ever beside me.

Often when I find myself this busy I can easily get in the pattern of starting my day with my mental list of "what-to-do's" and not take that most precious time with the Lord I need. I have been trying to impress this upon my children as we go about our day. I was asked once, "When do you have quiet time?" I had a hard time answering that w/o feeling as if I was not putting everything in its proper place. I responded, " It is not always the same... sometimes, when I get up, sometimes when I find myself in the middle of a situation that I can't handle and I know I missed HIM that day, or sometimes when I am done for the day... And sometimes it is all of the above." What does it mean to have that quiet time?

Right now is a quiet time in the house. I am sitting at the computer catching up on my much neglected writing. My family members are each off doing something that is not requiring me to be with them at the moment. I have a yummy cup of Mocha Coffee sitting next to me and I am sensing the quiet of the day. Quiet.. I love to contemplate the beauty of it. Yet when it is really quiet we sometimes feel unsettled. Quiet before Him, though finds us forever changed by a supernatural peace meant to alter our destiny.

My time with the Lord is meant to be at all times, not just once in the morning or in the middle of my stressful situations or at the close of my day. He wants us to be in continual communion with Him. My quiet time is on-going. It is my breathed prayer with the thoughts of those He brings to rememberance, blessing them and lifting them up as He has called me to do. It is found in the depths of His Wisdom as I read His Word and commit it to memory. I rejoice in the quiet time of praise and worship as I sing a song only to him and lift my hands in praise, bow my head in worship and kneel in wonder and adoration for who He is. The majestic quiet I feel in His peace as He comes and touches my heart and attends to those things which I contend with.

He tells us to Be still and Know that he is God. He is always at work in our situations and His Word does not return to him void. He is masterful and creative in the many ways He grasps our attention and revels in the time we give back to him, just to include Him in our day.

Quiet surrender of my every moment overshadows the need to feel as if I have to devote only fractions of my day to my King. We serve a God of grace and mercy, who does not want to only be a part of our day but for us to want Him to lead it. He is so good and patient that He will wait for us with joy in his heart and sweet blessings in his hands to bestow. My quiet time is every precious second I remember that having Him involved in is a changed moment.


I am eager to share some yummy recipes I have been trying out and I have a fun thought I want to share on Hanging Laundry. But He has my heart and my hands and this was the message I knew I needed to share first. :)
Blessings In Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment